Under the direction of the Family Preservation Services Director (“Director”), this position will primarily be responsible to manage the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Child Development & Education services. Successful candidate must have the knowledge of management of child development and education programs; principles, theories, curricula, and practices of early child development; interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy; correct English usage grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary; conflict resolution practices; case management, including software programs; budget preparation and controls; develop, organize, and implement training programs for various levels of staff; community resources, educational, and employment opportunities. Must have the ability to work with children; apply cultural sensitivity to Native American programs; maintain confidentiality; apply principles of management; apply effective time management and be able to meet critical time-lines; assess, plan, evaluate, and implement program activities per program standards; communicate effectively, both orally and written in a professional manner; prepare clear, concise, accurate records and reports; provide work direction and guidance to others; ensure smooth and efficient, office and program operations; work independently on assigned duties; develop, manage, and review department budgets; operate a variety of office equipment and software; problem solving and strategically resolve conflict; interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures; establish and maintain, cooperative and effective working relationships with others; build good working relationships with co-workers, subordinates, clients, and other stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: An equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. Two (2) years of related work experience will be equal to 30 college credits and vice versa.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Services, Public Administration or related field; and five (5) years increasingly responsible experience in the administration of TANF programs or related field. OR
- Associates in Arts Degree required in Human Services, Social Services, Public Administration or related field and four (4) years of related experience and five (5) years increasingly responsible experience in the administration of TANF programs or related field. OR
• High School Diploma or equivalency certificate required and eight (8) years of related experience and five (5) years increasingly responsible experience in the administration of TANF programs or related field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS: To perform and to continue to be qualified for this position, the requirements listed below must be met at a time of hire or may be obtained within a specific amount of time depending on the position requirements. Costs for required certifications, licenses, and registration are to be covered by employee, unless offered by the Tribe.
- Continuously throughout employment, must maintain a Site Supervisor Permit or above from California Credential Program.
- This position is required to drive and must maintain throughout employment a valid California Class C driver’s license and insurability under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance policy
- Requires regular contact with or control over Indian children and is therefore subject to the background investigative process to comply with P.L. 101-630
- Requires throughout employment maintaining a Mandated Reporting Certificate of Training
- Requires throughout employment maintaining a CPR/AED/First Aid Card or Certification
- Continuously and throughout employment must maintain OMB Circular Certificate.
All positions require applicant be at least 18 years of age. Those selected for a position are subject to a background investigation, drug screening and possible participation in the DMV Pull Program. References will be checked.
Date Posted: 6/21/2022
Filing Deadline: 7/02/2022 at 5:00pm.
To learn more detailed information about the position duties and requirements, please contact Human Resources Department at (760)541-5216